Monday, November 11, 2013

Acorn squash with parmesan. (See end of post for report on how this turned out for me.)



 
 
 
Slice squash in half and scoop out seeds and fibers.
Make slices and place them on a baking pan that's been buttered or sprayed with Pam.
Season with salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
Bake for 40 minutes at 425 degrees.
 
Done!
 
PS: I tried it. It's HARD to cut up an acorn squash! And although the finished product tastes good, you can't eat the hard rind even after 40 mins of cooking. At least, I couldn't eat it -- too tough. Doug ate each piece whole but I noted that he didn't eat more than a couple of pieces -- not sure he even liked it. Next time I make it, and I will, I'm going to bake each half of the squash whole and forget about slicing it up. It will take longer to cook probably. I might add the cheese near the end of the cooking time so it doesn't get overcooked.

1 comment:

  1. Agree, it's hard to cut. I cut it in half, put the cut sides down in a pan with a half-inch or so of water, and bake for 45 mins to an hour. Then when you turn it over, put a little butter or olive oil and salt/pepper or whatever inside, scoop it out and eat it.

    ReplyDelete